Hi Everyone!! I know it's been quite some time since I last posted here on the blog. I took a little needed break to focus on the day-to-day operations of my business, and to attend to some health issues. I'm feeling great, and after some much needed extra time with my family, I'm rejuvenated and ready to blog!!
In today's economy, almost everyone is more cost-conscious than ever. So, today I thought I'd share a little quick and easy project that I made using scrap paper and leftover embellishments from other projects. To get the most from my embellishments, I cut Prima paper flowers in half and strategically placed them creating dimension by adding layers. I also cut apart inexpensive ribbon hearts to use as design elements. This easy card design not only saves precious time, but also money!
Let's get started, shall we…
- CUT from left to right (top row): MME (FYH133) paper 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", MME (FYH132) paper 51/4" x 4", and MME (FYH131) paper 5"x3 3/4"
Bottom Row is cutouts from MME (FYH132) paper, another great way to save on embellishments.
NOTE-All paper used is from the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart collection
- FOLD 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" paper in half on the 8 1/2" side to create the card base.
- ADHERE pre-cut mats together and attach to front of card base.
- Cut Prima Paper flower in half. I'm using Prima Romantique Flower Market pack. Isn't it nice to have a use for that last flower in the pack!?!
- Cut ribbon apart. I'm using Webster's Pages Pink Hearts (by the yard).
- Arrange and glue the cutouts, flower halves, and ribbon.
- Attach a BoBunny Country Garden Trinket key.
Done! It doesn't get any quicker, easier, or less expensive! Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial!