Today, I challenged myself to create something with my art supplies. It didn't have to be blog post worthy (though, here it is anyway), and it didn't have to be some great work of art. I just had to create something fun. I put aside work for a little bit, and played. I started with a bottle cap that I bought while out shopping with a friend. It was one of those things that seemed like a good idea in the store, but once I got home…what was I thinking?! It's been sitting for months, and I mean months, waiting for some great plan. I stared at it for a little bit, thinking it kinda looked like a tart pan, which just made me hungry….so, after 2 Ferrero Rocher candies later I was formulating a plan. I thought it looked like the perfect embellishment for the front cover of my next art journal! Yes, that is exactly what it was meant to be! Here's what I did:
I accordion folded a 1/2" x 7" strip of paper, and Scor-taped the ends together. I added Scor-tape to the back of a wide eyelet, taped the accordion folded paper into place, and set the eyelet. This closes the eyelet over the paper, and creates a pretty little flower.
Be sure to check out yesterday's post for a fabulous giveaway, and a new workshop!